Web Intelligence and Visual Analytics
Software Development and Infrastructure Optimization
Position Announcement (PDF, 590 kb) – August 2014
Participate in award-winning international research projects and become part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team. Closely working together with other researchers with a passion for developing novel solutions to challenging technical problems, you will collaboratively advance the state of the art in one or more of the following disciplines:
Big Data, Web Intelligence, Visual Analytics, Semantic Search Technologies, Distributed Computing, and Linked Data.
The Department of New Media Technology of MODUL University Vienna and the Research Institute for Computational Methods of Vienna University of Economics and Business offer R&D and PhD Candidate positions (part- or full-time). Additional information on our current research projects is available at www.decarbonet.eu, www.pheme.eu, www.ucomp.eu and www.weblyzard.com/research.
- Strong Analytical Skills and Extensive Software Development Experience
Desired Qualifications :: Focus Area 1, Big Data and Infrastructure Optimization
- Distributed Semantic Search (Elasticsearch, Docker)
- Relational Data Modeling and PostgreSQL Administration
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Optimization (Nagios)
- Linux Server Administration, Network and Server Security (Ubuntu)
Desired Qualifications :: Focus Area 2, Metrics and Visual Analytics
- Dashboards for Information Exploration and Web Intelligence Applications
- Information Visualization (D3.js)
- Decision Support and Communication Success Metrics
The positions remain open until filled (salary levels follow the guidelines of the Austrian Science Fund). MU Vienna and VUEB are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Please send your complete application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org (in English or German; preferably as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).