Position Announcement – September 2018
Web Intelligence, Media Analytics and Big Data Research Projects
Full- or part-time positions in Vienna, Austria
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.4 mb)
Do you have a passion for novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates to join our team and advance the state of the art in Web Intelligence, Information Visualization, Semantic Search, Text Mining, NLP, Big Data and Predictive Analytics.
Pursued together with ProSiebenSat.1 PULS 4 and other leading media and technology partners across Europe, our research projects are supported by the European Union and the Google Digital News Initiative. As part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team, you will participate in this fast-paced and innovative R&D environment and help develop award-winning technology showcases in collaboration with international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Programme and NOAA Climate.gov.
- Extension and optimization of complex IT infrastructures (Ubuntu)
- Analytical skills and software development experience (Java or Python)
- Relational data modeling and DB administration
- Security management and firewall configuration
- Container technologies (Docker.io), IT infrastructure monitoring
- Automated system and software testing
- Goal-oriented, independent working style as part of a dynamic team
Areas of Specialization
- Elasticsearch 6.x administration and optimization
- Distributed computing including load balancing and caching strategies
We offer full-time, part-time (e.g., current computer science students) and PhD candidate positions. Salaries are based on qualifications and experience, for example EUR 40,000 gross per year for candidates who have recently completed a relevant master’s degree. MU Vienna, WU Wien and webLyzard are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Please send your application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org (in English or German, as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).