Position Announcement | May 2018
Web Intelligence, Semantic Systems and Visual Analytics
Full- or part-time positions in Vienna, Austria
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.4 mb)
Do you have a passion for developing engaging Web applications and novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates to join our team and advance the state of the art in one or more of the following disciplines: Web Intelligence, Information Visualization, Semantic Systems, Text Mining and Natural Language Processing, Predictive Analytics, Human-Computer Interaction and Big Data Dashboards.
Pursued together with ProSiebenSat.1 PULS 4 and other leading media and technology partners across Europe, our research projects are supported by the European Union and the Google Digital News Initiative. As part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team, you will participate in this fast-paced and innovative R&D environment and help develop award-winning technology showcases in collaboration with international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Programme and NOAA Climate.gov.
- Analytical Skills and Software Development Experience
Areas of Specialization
- Interactive Dashboards for Big Data Applications
- Web Development Frameworks such as Vert.x, React, Ractive or Angular
- Information Visualization (D3.js); UX Design and Usability
- Knowledge Extraction – Sentiment Analysis, Prediction, Knowledge Graphs
- Elasticsearch including the Optimization of Complex Aggregations
- Distributed Linux Infrastructures (Docker, Kubernetes)
We offer full-time, part-time (e.g., current computer science students) and PhD candidate positions. Salaries are based on qualifications and experience, for example EUR 40,000 gross per year for candidates who have recently completed a relevant master’s degree. MU Vienna, WU Wien and webLyzard are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Please send your application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to email@example.com (in English or German, as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).