By providing a simple and unified interface to our data and visualizations services, the webLyzard REST API serves as a building block for third-party applications. It requires authentication, represents content as a set of JSON objects, and currently provides the following functionality:
- Document API. Ingests unstructured data, for example crawled Web pages or the content from document management systems. The main objects are Documents, Sentences and Annotations. This API can be used for sharing documents regardless of their provenance, as well as annotations from knowledge extraction services – sentiment, named entities, etc.
- Statistical Data API. Ingests structured data following the RDF Data Cube standard. Possible sources include enterprise and open government archives, server log files, business intelligence metrics, and linked data repositories. The main object is a Statistical Observation
- Search API. Returns a set of query results in the form of unstructured text documents. The main object is Query.
- Embeddable Visualization API. Embeds individual visualizations of the webLyzard dashboard in third-party applications, typically based on the results of a search query. The main object is Visualization.
Glossary of Acronyms
- API = Application Programming Interface
- RDF = Resource Description Framework
- REST = Representational State Transfer