Position Announcement – May 2019
Web Intelligence and Visual Media Analytics Projects
Full- or part-time positions in Vienna, Austria
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.6 mb)
Do you have a passion for novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates to join our R&D team in our new city office in the heart of Vienna’s 9th district. Help us advance the state of the art in Web Intelligence, Information Visualization, Semantic Search, Text Mining, NLP, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Predictive Analytics.
Pursued together with ProSiebenSat.1 PULS 4 and other leading media and technology partners across Europe, our research projects are supported by the European Union and the Google News Initiative. As part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team, you will participate in a fast-paced and innovative R&D environment and help develop award-winning technology showcases in collaboration with international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Programme and NOAA Climate.gov.
Areas of Specialization
- Knowledge extraction – opinion mining, prediction, knowledge graphs
- Information visualization and visual analytics (D3.js)
- Web development frameworks such as Vert.x, React, Ractive, or Angular
- Development and optimization of complex IT infrastructures (Ubuntu)
- Relational data modeling and database technologies
- Elasticsearch 6.x including the optimization of complex aggregations
- Automated system and software testing
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, GitlabCI, TravisCI)
We offer full-time, part-time (e.g., current computer science students) and PhD candidate positions. Salaries are based on qualifications and experience, for example EUR 40,000 gross per year for candidates who have recently completed a relevant master’s degree. MODUL University Vienna and webLyzard are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Please send your application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to email@example.com (in English or German, preferably as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).