Position Announcement – February 2022
Finance and Administration Officer for EU, FFG and Commercial R&D Projects
Full- or part-time position in Vienna, Austria
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.6 mb)
Pursued together with leading media and technology partners across Europe, our R&D projects are supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe programs, the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) and other competitive funding schemes. These R&D Projects help to build award-winning showcases together with international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Programme and NOAA Climate.gov.
We seek an outstanding candidate to join our team at our office in the heart of Vienna’s 9th district. As part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team, you will play a key role in preparing and managing project budgets, controlling expenditures, ensuring the efficient use of resources, regular financial reporting to funding agencies, human resource management, event organization, public relations, dissemination and exploitation activities, as well as ensuring efficient office workflows.
- Budget and resource planning, controlling and accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- MS Office and Google Workspace, especially spreadsheet applications
- Excellent command of English, proficiency in German desirable
- Positive team spirit paired with an independent and reliable working style
- Funding, reporting and audit preparation guidelines (e.g. EU, FFG, etc.)
- Human resources incl. time management and planning
- Experience with FFG eCall and the EU Participant Portal
- Authoring of press releases and Web pages as well as the management of social media channels
We offer varied and responsible tasks in a dynamic and international team where your own ideas and initiatives are welcome. Working hours are flexible, with the possibility of home office days. Salaries are based on qualifications and experience, e.g., EUR 45,000 gross per year (full-time, 40h) for candidates with a recently completed Master’s degree and one year of work experience.
Modul University and webLyzard are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply (the successful candidate will have a joint affiliation with both organisations). Please send your application including cover letter, CV and academic transcript to email@example.com (in English or German, preferably as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).