R&D Positions – September 2022
Researchers and Software Developers – Scalable Semantic Search and Web Intelligence
Full- or part-time positions in Vienna, Austria
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.05 mb)
Do you have a passion for novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates to join our R&D team in Vienna’s 9th district. Help us advance the state of the art in Scalable Semantic Systems, Information Retrieval, Web Intelligence and Visual Analytics.
Participate in a fast-paced and innovative R&D environment as part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team, and help us build award-winning technology showcases together with large international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and NOAA Climate.gov. Pursued together with leading media and technology partners across Europe, our projects are supported by the European Union and the Austrian Research Promotion Agency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Information retrieval principles (indexing, query optimization, etc.)
- Elasticsearch and database systems such as PostgreSQL or CockroachDB,
- Building and integrating high-performance REST APIs,
- Optimization algorithms and architectures incl. load balancing / caching,
- DevOps best practices, CI/CD, bash scripting,
- Software quality assurance and automated testing,
- Containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
We offer full-time, part-time (e.g., current computer science students) and PhD candidate positions. Salaries are based on qualifications and experience, e.g., EUR 46,000 gross per year (full-time, 40h) for candidates with a recently completed master’s degree. webLyzard technology and MODUL Technology are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Please send your application including cover letter, CV and academic transcript to email@example.com (in English or German, preferably as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).