System Operations and Cloud Infrastructure
Linux Experts and Software Developers
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.4 mb) – May 2015
Do you have a passion for developing novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates to administer, operate, optimize and evolve the award‐winning webLyzard media analytics and Web intelligence platform.
As part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment, you will ensure the successful operation of a state‐of‐the‐art infrastructure that drives high‐profile showcases such as the Media Watch on Climate Change and the semantic search of the U.S. Climate Resilience Toolkit, a nominee for the Webby Awards 2015. Our webLyzard startup collaborates with leading international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Program and the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (see our portfolio page).
- Software Development Experience and Excellent Python or Java Skills
- Deployment and Monitoring of Distributed Architectures (Docker, Nagios)
- Linux Server Administration, Network and Server Security (Ubuntu)
- Database Administration (PostgreSQL)
Optional Desired Qualifications
- Distributed Task Management (Celery, RabbitMQ)
- Data Modeling and PostgreSQL Optimization
- Information Retrieval and Semantic Search (Elasticsearch)
- Big Data Apache Projects; e.g. Apache HBase, Mesos, Spark and Nutch
- Strong Analytical Skills
The positions remain open until filled. The base salary depends on experience and typically follows the guidelines of the Austrian Science Fund. The Department of New Media Technology of MODUL University Vienna and the Research Institute for
Computational Methods of Vienna University of Economics & Business are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please send your application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org (in English or German, preferably as single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).