Web Development and User Experience Design
UX Designers, Visual Analytics Experts and Software Developers (Vienna, Austria)
Position Announcement (PDF, 1.4 mb) – January 2016
Do you have a passion for the design and development of engaging user experiences, and for novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates with strong problem-solving skills to evolve the award-winning webLyzard media analytics and Web intelligence platform.
As part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment, you will participate in a fast-paced and innovative development environment that drives high-profile showcases such as the Media Watch on Climate Change (www.ecoresearch.net/climate) and the semantic search of the U.S. Climate Resilience Toolkit (toolkit.climate.gov), a nominee for the Webby Awards 2015. Our webLyzard startup collaborates with leading international organizations such as the United Nations Environment Programme and the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (www.weblyzard.com/portfolio).
- Interaction and Visual Design: Definition, Direction and Execution
- Strong Conceptualization and Visual Communication Abilities
- Dynamic Web Technologies for SaaS Applications (jQuery, HTML5)
Optional Desired Qualifications
- Web Development Frameworks (Vertx.io, Ractive.js)
- Information Visualization for Visual Analytics Applications (D3.js)
- Information Retrieval and Semantic Search (Elasticsearch)
- Decision Support and Communication Success Metrics
- Requirements Analysis and Client Relationship Management
The positions remain open until filled. The base salary depends on experience and typically follows the guidelines of the Austrian Science Fund. The Department of New Media Technology of MODUL University Vienna and the Research Institute for
Computational Methods of Vienna University of Economics & Business are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please send your application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to email@example.com (in English or German, preferably as single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).